1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will
listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger,
jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for
you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one
can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best
food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the
wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth — whether it be people or
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another
or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out
into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water
them with wisdom and life’s lessons. When they are grown, give them space to
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self,
and Physical self — all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body
to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be
responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal
property of others — especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot
nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.